STX Turboforce II Meat Grinder Review
The old STX 1800W meat grinder joined the fray and stole our hearts. It could grind like a pro often without breaking a sweat. STX did everything right with that model, except for one thing. It heated up after just half an hour of meat grinding action. So they went back to the drawing board. They racked their brains intently. They spent sleepless nights. Then, many brain storming sessions later, after numerous trials, they came up with their latest, the STX 4000 Turboforce II. And it was worth the wait.
They say it’s a beauty and that’s an accurate impression. This isn’t one of those appliances that you want to quickly shove back in the cupboard because it’s an eyesore. The STX 4000 is sleek and sublime. It’s nicely curved at the corners with beautiful grooves on the body. It has a bold black color that gives it an impression of dependability. No, really, the black just makes you trust it’s going to do what you need it to do. But the main feature is the Quad Air Cooler it bears. And this is what really sets it apart from its older sibling, the 1800W model. This air cooler gave the grinder a new breath of life. It gave it substance and resilience. It gave it vim and vigor. It earned it the name of the beast.
STX Turboforce II Meat Grinder Style and Design
This beast will not just grind your meat, it will help you make your home made sausages as well. Bundled with it is a set of three stainless steel blades, five grinding plates, one beaner plate, a set of three stuffing tubes and a kubbe attachment. Yes, it has its own entourage. And when they work together with the grinder, the result is impeccable. Measuring 17inches by 13 inches by 12 inches, it spots just the right size for a meat grinder to be taken seriously but not too much to command a very big space on your counter. And weighing just 12 pounds, I’m sure you can easily scooch it over if you need it go give space.
The Turboforce II can run a grinding marathon. Just try it out and see for yourself. The quad air cooler does its job right. After an hour of non stop use, the grinder will still feel cool to the touch. It is also very powerful. With a whopping 2000 watts of motor power, this grinder feels like it is capable of grinding a whole boar in one sitting. You can also adjust the speed settings from high to low to even reverse.
But hold on. Let’s not get too excited about it. The Turboforce II is loud. No, wait, I mean really loud. The moment you power it, the grinder boisterously clamours. It causes such a racket its borderline deafening. The people at STX gave it such a powerful motor and an amazing quad air cooler but also gave it the capacity to produce an uncomfortable cacophony in the kitchen. That aside, one you’re done using it, you’ll realize how arduous the cleaning process is. And it isn’t dishwasher safe at all. To get to all the corners and cervices, you’ll need a whole lot of patience and time.
Anyway, is this meat grinder worth your money? Let’s take a look at a summary of its pros and cons before you decide.
STX Turboforce II Meat Grinder Pros and Cons
- Of course, the quad air cooler is pro number one. Unlike the older model, the Turboforce II can work continuously without breaking a single bead of sweat.
- The quad air cooler keeps it nice and cool the whole time it’s powered. Also, having the different blades and plates makes this a versatile kitchen appliance. From beautifully grinding meat to making home made sausage, this is a meat lover’s dream machine.
- We also love the look of the STX 4000 but when we need to store it, we easily can. That’s because it isn’t very hefty, weighing in at only 12 pounds.
- And the motor, people, the motor is powerful. 2000 watts gives it the capacity to grind pounds and pounds of meat easily.
- The first drawback is the loudness of the motor. STX should have put a little more effort in insulating it from all that motor noise. Perhaps they’ll work that out in the next model.
- Cleaning it is also a pain and not having any cleaning tools in the package doesn’t make things any better.
STX Turboforce II Meat Grinder Ratings
There you have it folks. The STX-4000 certainly does make a strong case for itself. A massive improvement from 1800w model, it works harder, faster and better. With no need to worry about overheating, you will get your work done without interruptions. Is it worth enduring the racket and painful cleaning process afterwards? It most certainly is. The cons aren’t in any way deal breakers since it does what it was made for in the first place. Therefore, this beautiful beast garners 4.8 stars out of 5.
Be sure to read our Best Meat Grinders Rated by Consumers Guide!