Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor Review
Breville is a company that’s more than just a beautiful name. They say that their products begin with a simple moment of brilliance. Do we believe them? If the Breville Sous Chef food processor is anything to go by then we certainly believe. From first sight, the Sous Chef is an appliance that looks ready for duty. Emanating from it is an aura of professionalism. It has a gentle and calm nature. It looks elegant yet simplistic.
Don’t be quick to dismiss it yet. If it came from a moment of brilliance then you shouldn’t expect anything less than brilliance. The simplistic nature might throw you off but once you power it up and take it for a spin, you’ll come to see it the way we do. Here’s the Breville Sous Chef Food Processor review.
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor Overview
As we said, it looks simplistic. The base is a silver colored solid die cast metal material. This gives it a durability not found in many other food processors. And it also gives it some heft. It measures 10.2 inches by 8 inches by 17.8 inches and weighs a staggering 26 pounds. That, people is heavy. It will fight for space on your kitchen counter and struggle to move when you want it to. Sitting on top of the base is a large 16 cup bowl. It also comes with a smaller 2.5 cup mini processing bowl. And for functionality, it comes with a set of eight discs and blades housed in an accessory storage unit. At the bottom, for stability, the food processor has non skid rubber feet. All these retail at $365.00 on Amazon.
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor Style and Design
The front face of the Sous Chef has three buttons conveniently placed on its lap. Next to them is an LCD display. The first button, bordered by a red ring, is the power button. Pressing this button rouses the motor within to life. The motor has a powerful 1200 watts of peak output. Insert the disk or blade of choice and let it unleash its power. The food is quickly processed with no hassle. Food fed inside is immediately sliced, diced, chopped or whatever function you prefer depending on which disc or blade you’re using. However, it gets better. The feeding chute gives 5.5 inches of space to accommodate even big fruits or veggies. How is this a good thing? Well, you won’t need to precut the food. The processor will do all the work. And because the bowl is 16 cups, you also won’t need to separate the food into different batches. Breville added an amazing feature to this machine; a count up and count down timer. I’m sure you’re wondering what the LCD display is for, right? You can set a countdown or count up which displays on this LCD screen. If you’re counting down, the food processor automatically switches off when the timer reaches zero. How amazing!
Okay, so it works brilliantly and has all these bells and whistles. But does it clean easily? It obviously does. There aren’t that many parts to wash. And they all come apart easily so cleaning is a breeze. However, it isn’t dishwasher safe so just wash it by hand.
Okay, what are the pros and cons?
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor Pros and Cons
- Breville’s Sous Chef food processor has a strong and durable die cast metal base. It gives the processor a hardwearing nature that is absent in a lot of food processors.
- Next, the motor has a powerful 1200 watts of output. This makes food processing fast and effortless.
- Operating the food processor is easy as the buttons are conveniently placed and aren’t complicated to use. The large 16 cup bowl can accommodate a huge amount of food meaning you won’t have to separate it into different portions to process. And the wide 5.5 inch feeding chute allows you to slide through big foods as well as small ones. Also, the countdown and count up timer is a handy addition. You can set the amount of time you want the food to process and it will countdown and turn off the processor when it reaches zero.
- Then, the non slip rubber feet give the food processor a much needed stability. Finally, cleaning this appliance is an uncomplicated process.
- It’s very big and heavy for home use. Finding the perfect storage space and carrying it there may prove to be an arduous task for most people.
- Another con is that the parts aren’t dishwasher safe.
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor Ratings
We have to remember one thing, this is a heavy duty food processor. Use it everyday for large amounts of food and you’ll be taking full advantage of its power. Use it a few times a week then you’d rather have the smaller food processors. The size and weight need not be an issue since you won’t have to keep moving it between kitchen counter and storage. And also, the weight adds stability. Therefore, Breville did get it right with this food processor, as they always do. It earns 5 stars out of 5.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $36.99Was: $49.99
Price: $38.53Was: $75.00
Price: $161.99Was: $199.00
Price: $33.99Was: $34.99
Price: $39.95Was: $49.99