Della Meat Grinder Electric 2.6 HP 2000 Watt HD Professional Grinder Review
I have always insisted that meat grinders aren’t the prettiest of home appliances and that they are more functional than anything else. I’ve always insisted that manufacturers of meat grinders don’t even try to give them some semblance of beauty. I’ve never really had an issue with their looks anyway and I’m sure no one cares whether they’re attractive or not. However, with the Della 2000 Watt Meat Grinder, I wish to amend that statement, just this once. The look is appealing. It’s got smooth curves on the side of its lovely white body. Even the design of the meat tray is attractive. But is that a good thing. For a meat grinder, a look of beauty comes with that feeling that it is cavalier in its duties. Is the Della up to the arduous task of meat grinding? Let’s find out in this Product review for Della Meat Grinder Electric 2.6 HP 2000 Watt HD Professional Home Sausage Stuffer Maker.
Della Meat Grinder Electric 2.6 HP 2000 Watt HD Professional Grinder Overview
There’s no doubt that Della designed a meat grinder that is aesthetically pleasing. They dressed it in a white plastic casing. Wait, plastic? Yes, but just the casing. The internal parts are metallic, aluminum to be precise. It boasts dimensions of 16 inches along the length, 7 inches along the width and 14 inches along the height. Weighing only 8 pounds it is compact and lightweight and can fit in any space you place it. The meat tray, rising above the body, is made of aluminum and so is the snout. If you turn it round and look at its posterior, you’ll notice a compartment. This is the storage for the power cable. And at the top of the grinder’s body is another compartment where you store the accessories. While we’re in the subject of accessories, Della armed this grinder with three cutting accessories for coarse, medium and fine grinds. Also, you get attachments for stuffing sausages. At a retail price of only $107.68 on Amazon, you can have this appliance in your kitchen.
Della Meat Grinder Electric 2.6 HP 2000 Watt HD Professional Grinder Style and Design
Enough about looks, does it perform? The motor is rated a powerful 2000 watts. That is mind blowing power right there folks. And it’s neatly tucked away in the compact design. On the shoulder of the body there are four switches. You’ll find the stop and reset button, the on button, one labeled half and the reverse button. Wondering what the half is for? Well, it cuts the grinding speed by half. Press the on button and the motor unleashes its 2000 watts of power. This beauty turns into a beast and roars menacingly. The noise is unbearable. The plastic build does nothing to hide the racket caused by the motor. That aside, we feed it its first chunks of meat. This Della machine literally makes mince meat of it. In a matter of seconds, the meat is out through the head, nicely ground. Della tell us this machine can munch through three to four pounds per minute and judging from the way it hungrily gulps the meat down, we believe them. Sausages anyone? With the stuffing attachments, the Della will also neatly prepare homemade sausages just for you.
However, don’t over work the machine for a long time continuously. Give it 20 minutes of action then let it rest. With such a powerful motor, the grinder tends to heat up. Mercifully, there’s a safety circuit breaker that cuts of the power from the motor when it over works.
Before we get too excited, let’s find out what the Della’s pros and cons are, shall we?
Della Meat Grinder Electric 2.6 HP 2000 Watt HD Professional Grinder Pros and Cons
- You know I’m going to start with its looks. If this isn’t a pro then I don’t know what is. But thankfully, this Della meat grinder isn’t just about looking good, it works great as well. The 2000 Watt motor easily grinds meat without slowing down.
- Secondly, it’s lightweight and compact. Portability isn’t an issue and storage won’t give you a headache. At only 8 pounds you can easily move it around the kitchen when need be.
- The metal gears made as give out a sigh of relief. This ensures that the grinder doesn’t break down easily.
- The safety circuit breaker is another pro. It ensures the motor doesn’t overheat by cutting power when its overworked.
- It’s noisy. The Della Meat Grinder is too boisterous when working. The plastic build gives it a light weight but fails to muffle the cacophony allowing unbearable decibels to transcend your kitchen.
- Also, the plastic build doesn’t feel too durable. With such a powerful motor inside, I’m not sure the body can hold up for long.
- Then the motor can’t work for too long. If it does, the circuit breaker kicks in and interrupts your meat grinding project.
Della Meat Grinder Electric 2.6 HP 2000 Watt HD Professional Grinder Ratings
So it looks good and works hard. As long as you got this grinder for light home duties, you’ll enjoy having it around. That’s if you can tolerate the noise it makes. It’s only meant for use a few times a month. But still, we can’t gainsay the fact that when it does what it’s meant to do and does it well. In essence that’s what we expect of a grinder. With that, it grinds out 4.5 out of 5.
Be sure to read our Best Meat Grinders Rated by Consumers Guide!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $179.00Was: $199.00
Price: Out of stock