KWS Premium 200w Electric Meat Slicer Review
The KWS 200 W electric meat slicer, a sleek, beautiful, appealing meat slicer. It’s exuberant, confident and stylish. This machine is the kind you just want to place on a stand and look at. It’s a work of art as far as meat slicers go. Nothing about this slicer is cheap, thus the use of the word, premium in its name. It dons a high quality aluminum alloy base and a premium 6 inch stainless steel blade. But you don’t buy the KWS slicer for its looks so does it pack a punch? Let me put it this way, this slicer is deceptively beautiful. It’s small blade and good looks give it a gentle mien but this machine has got the heart and soul of a true meat slicer.
KWS Premium 200w Electric Meat Slicer Overview
Under the hood of the KWS electric meat slicer is a mind blowing 200 watt motor. That’s right, within the expensive, red, aluminum body is power that you won’t find in it’s peers. The deception, however, extends to when you power this baby on. It doesn’t shriek or growl or roar furiously. It calmly purrs, rotating the stainless steel 6 inch blade. This slicer doesn’t like to brag about its power. The small rotary revolves at 510 rpm. This, folks, is a fast rotation, it’s very fast. That’s the advantage of a smaller blade.
Coupled with the power of the motor it easily slices through meats, vegetables, cheeses and fruits with great ease. Nothing seems to challenge it. The slicer doesn’t just slice like any other slicer either, it’s quality is nice, thin and very consistent. The KWS works hard and works well. It can handle heavy home use without breaking a sweat. Clearly, the premium quality extends to its work. This meat slicer’s flamboyance shows in the price. It retails at, wait for it, $289.00 on Amazon.
KWS Premium 200w Electric Meat Slicer Style and Design
It is by no means compact. It has dimensions of 18.5 inches by 17.7 inches by 13.8 inches and weighs 27.9 pounds. This beauty has weight issues, a price to pay for the high quality material it’s made of. On the plus side, the weight makes it very sturdy on the kitchen counter. Don’t expect it to dance around while in action. To enhance this stability, it has skid proof rubber feet keeping it firmly planted on the surface.
Cleaning of the slicer isn’t hard at all. However, if you’re averse to using a screw driver, you won’t like that dismantling the blade requires using one to remove three screws holding the blade. If you can get over this aversion, you’ll find that it isn’t that big of a deal. The cleaning process won’t take up much of your time at all. In any case, when you think about the speed at which the blade rotates at and the combined power of the motor, you feel happier that the people at KWS decided to hold down the blade using screws. Word to the wise, get yourself a pair of cut resistant gloves for handling the blade, it’s sharp.
So, let’s breakdown the pros and cons of this slicer before we put a lid on this product review for KWS Premium 200W Electric Meat Slicer.
KWS Premium 200w Electric Meat Slicer Pros and Cons
- The slicer is very beautifully made of excellent, high quality material that makes it strong and stable. All the parts, except the handle, are metallic therefore, this beauty won’t back down from a challenge. She’ll keep going and going before you get any real repair issues.
- The KWS Premium is also a silent worker. The premium build nicely silences the powerful motor within it. You’ll hardly notice how powerful the slicer is until you actually start slicing with it.
- Talking of motors, 200 watts is not too shabby, right? Then, of course, cleaning it is nice and painless.
- Okay, this slicer is heavy, no doubt about it. Hauling it about the kitchen won’t be a good idea at all. Just find a nice space for it on the kitchen counter and let it be.
- Too bad, it doesn’t come with a cover. It would have been a good addition seeing as we won’t be moving it in and out of cupboards.
- Then, the price of $289 is not pocket friendly at all. So, is it worth it?.
KWS Premium 200w Electric Meat Slicer Ratings
I say it most certainly is. The premium quality build, its durability, the precise and consistent slices, you truly get what you pay for. The KWS Premium 200 watt electric slicer delivers on its promise whatever way you look at it. Those who want more out of a slicer than just a couple of slices, those who want great quality, I’m sure you’re willing to spend as much. So with that, this slicer gets a stellar 4.8 out of 5.
CHECK THE LOWEST PRICE HERE
Be sure to read our Best Meat Slicers Rated by Consumers Guide!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $51.66Was: $93.15
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $59.99Was: $64.99
Price: $54.97Was: $99.99