LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Review
Looks can be deceiving sometimes, I think. And that is the perfect way to introduce the LEM 8 Lb 35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder. At first sight you wouldn’t be blamed for dismissing it as a second rate meat grinder. What, with its rather smaller than average build and its less than average horse power. Stacked up against other meat grinders in its class, the LEM comes off as an underdog. It’s modest, humble even. Its bigger counterparts look and feel intimidating. They boast of their power from miles away. But not the LEM. It retains a subtle demeanor. At least until you power it up and give it a whirl. And that’s what we did and were impressed.
LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Overview
As its name suggests, this is a mass of stainless steel all round. The knife is stainless steel. The plates are stainless steel. The gears inside are metallic. LEM made it all metal all the time. And we’re not complaining. The build makes it such a sturdy appliance, you won’t worry about breakages. So we weren’t surprised to find out it weighed 36 pounds. For a meat grinder, heavier truly is better. It keeps the appliance firmly planted on the work surface as it works. However, forget about the benefits of it being portable. At least LEM helped us out here by adding a heavy duty handle to make it easier to move it.
Bundled with this work horse is a stainless steel knife, three stainless steel plates and three stuffing tubes. (Sausages anyone?) And all this costs $328.26 on Amazon.
LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Style and Design
Powering the knives is a 35 horse power motor tucked underneath the stainless steel body. Is that enough horsepower? It certainly is. It effortlessly rips apart large deer, chicken, pork butts, turkey, whatever you feed it. The motor doesn’t even wince as it does all this. It can actually grind 240 pounds an hour. For all you lovers of sausage, smile because this LEM machine also prepares amazing sausages. However, this it is averse to completely frozen meat. It keeps clogging up the grinder. But hold on, there’s a fascinating feature. Inside is a built in circuit breaker. What this does is in the event of a clog, it automatically cuts off power to the motor. And it truly is quite easy to fix clogs in the grinder.
So you thought cleaning a grinder would be difficult, didn’t you? Not this one. The LEM is painless to clean. Simply use some hot soapy water and a brush to clean the hard to reach areas. There is no hassle at all.
All right, here’s a look at the main pros and cons of the LEM 8 Lb.
LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Pros and Cons
- This grinder has a strong stainless steel housing that gives it durability. Not only that but it also muffles the motor inside it keeping it from causing too much of a racket as it works.
- The gears inside are metallic as well. On discovering this we let out a sigh of relief because we know they’ll last. Thumbs up on that one.
- LEM gave it a modest motor that works just as hard as more powerful ones. The grinder impresses how it effortlessly crushes meats and also chicken and turkey bones.
- With speeds of 240 pounds an hour, this grinder certainly means business.
- Did I mention it also prepares perfect sausages? Well it does. Then, in the event that it gets clogged up, the circuit breaker cuts off power from the motor allowing you to easily unclog it.
- The heavy duty handle is a welcome addition to help in movement especially since this is a heavy appliance. Then, of course, cleaning it is easy.
- Let’s get nit picky now. The LEM 8 Lb grinder is heavy. 36 pounds is much more than what the average person can haul about easily.
- Then, although LEM tell us to feed it meat that is below 40 degrees, it won’t work well with frozen meat at all. You’ll need to thaw it before grinding in this one.
LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder Ratings
As I said at the beginning, looks can be deceiving. The LEM 8Lb grinder is slightly smaller with less horse power than its peers yet it does everything that the bigger ones can do. Grinding is easy and cleaning is a breeze. It being heavy should not be an issue since that makes it quite stable. And it had to be heavy because of the heavy duty stainless steel housing. This grinder does no wrong. So if you’re looking for a fast and reliable grinder for your home, the LEM 8Lb is perfect. It garners a magnificent 4.8 out of 5.
Be sure to read our Best Meat Grinders Rated by Consumers Guide!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $57.99Was: $64.99
Price: Out of stock