Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder Review
I stand before it with a chunk of meat in my hands, feeling a bit apprehensive. They say it’s a heavy duty grinder, don’t they? But it’s a bit dainty, isn’t it? I’m not sure what to expect. Should I stack it up against the bigger, heavier heavy duty grinders I’ve tried out? Should I demean it a little bit and decide it’s a light duty slicer? Wait! I get ahead of myself. I’m talking about the Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder. Sunmile, the Chinese company, tell us it can do the heavy work. They have made it clear that the SM-G50 is a beast of burden. But from first impressions, I’m not quite sure. However, passing judgment at this stage would be biased. We need to put it to the test and see how it does. That’s why we embark on this Product review for Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder.
Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder Overview
The look of it is nonchalant. The Sunmile SM-G50 doesn’t tower over other grinders. It can easily be passed off as a simple home appliance. With dimensions of 15 inches along the length, 12 inches along the width and a height of 11 inches, it doesn’t struggle for space. And weighing in at 14.2 pounds, it’s less than half the weight of its heavy duty counterparts. The housing is made of a white, elegant looking plastic. But that’s about the only thing that’s made of plastic. The internal components are all made of metal. The blades, the tube the gears, it’s all metallic. I let out a sigh of relief at this discovery. That tells me the parts are bound to last. The price; an affordable $159.99.
Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder Style and Design
To the side there are three switches conveniently placed. One is an off/ reverse switch, the middle one is the on switch and the last one is the circuit breaker switch. Opposite these switches is a compartment. This is the accessory storage unit. Turn it round to the rear you’ll find the cord storage compartment. All these were carefully thought through and are very handy to have. The grinder also comes in an entourage of three cutting plates, three sausage attachments and a plastic pusher.
I press the on button and the SM-G50 jumps to life. It’s boisterous. It has a powerful 350 Watt motor and unfortunately the build doesn’t do much to muffle it. It makes such a racket in the kitchen it’s hard to hear anything else. I place the meat on the ample meat tray above and push using the plastic pusher. It enthusiastically grinds through it and quickly finishes. It vibrates. I need to hold on to it just to ensure it doesn’t slither off the work surface. Surprisingly, it stays put. For best grinding results, semi-freeze the meat before grinding. Chicken and turkey bones also grind easily. No hassle, they pass without complaint.
In case of a jam, do not to worry. Simply press the reverse switch and the SM-G50 intelligently reverses the offending chunks.
Finished grinding? It’s time to clean. But wait! Sunmile warn us against loading it in the dishwasher. The coating gets discolored so you have to wash it by hand. That isn’t an issue as the parts detach easily and the whole machine is painless to clean.
Okay, so what are the pros and cons? Take a look.
Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder Pros and Cons
- First, it has a powerful motor that works well. It is capable of grinding whatever meat type you hand it.
- The sausage stuffing accessories help to make lovely homemade sausages.
- Second, the added compartments are highly convenient. Safely tuck away the power cord and store the grinder plates.
- Having metallic gears makes it reliable and durable. They ensure the grinder remains at your service for years.
- The addition of a reverse button makes it easy to clear jams in the system. Then, of course, the Sunmile grinder is easy to clean.
- Now, being light is perhaps not a good thing for a heavy duty grinder. That makes it lack in stability and doesn’t do a good job in muffling the motor inside.
- So, it’s a noisy appliance. The plastic housing doesn’t do much to allay any apprehensions of its durability either.
- Also, the plastic pusher isn’t sturdy at all. After using it just once it began to bend.
- Then, only the grinding plate and blades are made of stainless steel. The other parts are made of aluminum which stains when cleaned using bleach water so don’t.
Sunmile SM-G50 Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder Ratings
If you grind meat a few times a month then the Sunmile SM-G50 will be satisfactory. However, if you grind a couple of times a week then you might want to look elsewhere. It can do heavy work for sure but not on a regular basis. That will simply wear it out. For the few times you use it, it works perfectly. The grinds are excellent and the speed of performance is spectacular. For home use, it will do just fine. And so, it earns itself 4.5 stars out of 5.
Be sure to read our Best Meat Grinders Rated by Consumers Guide!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $58.99Was: $89.99
Price: $189.99Was: $203.52
Price: Out of stock