Zeny Electric Meat Slicer Slicer Review
So let’s get one thing straight, right off the bat, if you’re looking for an upgrade meat slicer and were thinking about trying out this Zeny electric slicer, prepare for a shocker.
This slicer is huge. I’m talking humongous huge. Those who are used to the, for lack of a better word, semi commercial slicers should know what I’m talking about.
And that’s what this one is, it’s a semi commercial electric slicer. I say semi commercial because the people at Zeny insist that it can be used both commercially and at home.
Yes, you can buy it and install it at home and true, you will use it domestically but there’s just an industrial feel to it. Let me not get ahead of myself, here’s the review for Zeny Electric Meat Slicer.
Quite impressive, right? But wait, I’m only just getting started.
Zeny Electric Meat Slicer Overview
The Zeny electric meat slicer has a new blade indeed. Zeny fitted it with the big guns, a massive 10 inch stainless steel blade. This blade is super sharp and highly intimidating. Taking on the herculean task of rotating this elephantine mass of steel is an equally powerful 240 watt motor. All this is enclosed in a 18.7 inch by 18.9 inch by 16.54 inch high quality metal and stainless steel body.
The weight, you ask? It weighs in at a staggering 44 pounds. This slicer was simply designed for commercial use, no questions about it. And the cost, a retail price of $296.29 on Amazon.
Zeny Electric Meat Slicer Style and Design
On paper, this slicer has a lot of power, raising our expectations for it but is it up to the task? From the moment the massive motor comes to life, you feel the slicer’s intent. It rotates the giant of a blade with ease and quite surprisingly, doesn’t cause much of a racket. For sure, the slicer lives up to expectations. It glides through massive chunks of beef, mutton, venison, cheese, ham, bread and vegetables effortlessly.
This workhorse just keeps on going and going, unfazed by whatever you hand it. It’s tilted design allows the sliced products to neatly slide through the exit. Also, the cuts are thin, consistent, beautiful slices just the way you want it.
Underneath, the Zeny electric slicer is fitted with skid proof rubber feet to prevent it from slithering off the work surface, onto the floor. The slicer also has two conveniently fitted whetstones with sharpening control buttons, for sharpening the blade safely. This handy feature should see to it that the blade remains sharp throughout.
Now, here’s a drawback of the Zeny electric meat slicer, cleaning it is a headache. It’s commercial pedigree prevents it from being easily disassembled. The blade itself is fitted with a bolt at the back and 3 screws in front. The screws are so tight, you feel as if they weren’t meant to be unscrewed at all. Zeny even says that you’ll need to use a hammer to loosen the screws first, I kid you not. So, yes, it’ll take you ages to take this beast apart just for you to give it a thorough scrub down. It worries me whether it can come back together as solidly as it was before the dismantling.
This 40 pound mass works like a charm but is it a right fit for your slicing needs? Here’s a look at its pros and cons before we give our verdict.
Zeny Electric Meat Slicer Pros and Cons
- The Zeny electric slicer is powerful and strong. The 240 watt motor, the 10 inch blade, the strong build, this ensemble combines to make for a robust slicer.
- And the slices it makes are brilliant. When in action, you’ll hardly believe that that much power is at work.
- It’s very silent for a slicer of its caliber. The Zeny slicer is also quite stable. It doesn’t vibrate too much and remains firmly seated on the counter. Of course the weight helps with this.
- And, finally, it’s excellent for heavy use, it just goes on and on.
- Most definitely, its greatest con is its weight and size. The Zeny electric slicer is just not portable. If you’ll be using it at home, it’ll take up a lot of space on your kitchen counter, I can assure you that. Then forget about hauling it between cupboard and counter, its too heavy for that.
- Dismantling it is such a hassle that some users have resorted to simply wiping it down as best as they can and hoping they get all the debris.
- If you want to do a thorough cleaning, arm yourself with enough patience.
Zeny Electric Meat Slicer Ratings
Although Zeny says this slicer can be both commercially and at home, it just isn’t a right fit for a home kitchen. It isn’t portable in any sense and takes up a lot of space. Yes it’s powerful and does the job right but unless you want to slice a whole pig, then you’ll be under utilizing its abilities. For commercial use, it’ll serve you superbly and that’s where it’s best suited. So, with that it earns a 4.6 out of 5. For an alternative premium slicer, check out the BESWOOD 10″ Premium Electric Meat Slicer!
CHECK THE LOWEST PRICE HERE
Be sure to read our Best Meat Slicers Rated by Consumers Guide!